If you would like an email alert when something is posted, then you can subscribe to either a topic or a board - here's how.
Subscribe to one topic:
1. Go into that topic - for example this is a specific topic on modelling track: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=68
2. At the bottom of the page is a blue bar, and in the bottom left should be a tick with 'Subscribe Topic' next to it.
3. Click on the Subscribe Topic text
4. Job done! Whenever there is a new post in that topic you will now receive an email (on the address in your profile) letting you know there is another unread post.
Subscribe to an entire section of the forum:
1. Go into that part of the forum - for example this is the part of the forum that deals with track: viewforum.php?f=20
2. At the bottom of the page is a blue bar, and in the bottom left should be a tick with 'Subscribe forum' next to it.
3. Click on the Subscribe forum text
4. Job done! Whenever there is a new post or topic in that entire section you will get an email notification.
Auto subscribe to all topics you participate in:
Towards the upper left of the page, just under the link to the NMRA-BR website you will find a link called 'User Control Panel' - this allows you to update many settings related to your account here - including subscriptions.
1. Click on that link to open your user control panel
2. Click on the tab marked 'Board Preferences'
3. On the left hand side is a link called 'Edit Posting Defaults' - click on that.
4. The 4th Setting on the page is 'Notify me upon replies by default' - change this setting to 'Yes' (it is No in all users by default)
5. Click on 'Submit' - Job done! You will now auto-subscribe to any topic you participate in.
Unsubscribing/Managing your subscriptions:
If for some reason you no longer want to follow a particular topic or forum then repeat the instructions above and you should see an 'unsubscribe' option, that will stop the notifications.
Another way of doing that would be to go into your user control panel, and on the 'overview' tab click on 'manage subscriptions' - that will give you a list of all topics and forums you subscribe to, and you can use the tickboxes and the 'unwatch marked' button bottom right to unsubscribe en-masse.
New users, read this stuff first!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest