Benson meet.

Events which have past will be moved here - don't forget to post your images and video so folk can see what they missed!
BrianMoore

Re: Benson meet.

Post by BrianMoore »

Dave,

I think your best suggestion is to call the people who are registered in the most recent Roundhouse (December 2013) as the named contacts for "details and directions" for the event, Robin Swan & Mike Ingham. If you don't have it handy, then send me a PM.
Brian Moore
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

Cheers, Dave. It would be great if you could let us know how the Benson meet went, and whether you required a DUKW to get there, or just a snorkel.
Brian Moore
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Hall is not affected according to a post on the regions facebook page.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk
Martyn Read
cp_modeller

Post by cp_modeller »

Knowing the area well around Benson, and having colleagues that actually live in the flood zone around Benson, my advice to you is to constantly check the Department of the Environment website http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/ho ... re/floods/.

If coming from the M40, you will be looking for the B4009 and in particular a place called Britwell Salome. If coming from the M4, then like Robin reported, your journey is mostly on high ground. Likewise if coming from the North, the A4074 (Henley Road) from Oxford is normally clear.

Whichever way you come, please expect large puddles on or after blind bends! Take care out there.

Keith
Keith Webb

Post by 079720 »

For all of you thinking of Benson on Saturday this is the response I've just received from Robin Swan.

Mike Ingham and I went to Benson yesterday.

The road from Reading to Oxford which goes past Benson was Ok, as was Benson hall. The hall will not flood unless the Thames rises another 10 to 15 feet. Unlikely I hope.

The best advice is check the "BBC Travel News Oxford" site - those are the words I used in Google. It lists all road incidents in that area and is very comprehensive. It also lists the rail incidents. This morning there was no service from Didcot to Oxford - the line was flooded at Radley

Robin

PS There was no mention of the B4009 on that website. The B4009 runs from the M40 into Benson from the north..
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Hi Everyone,

How did Benson go , does anyone have a small write up and/or pictures to share here (and for the main website?)?

Cheers, Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

I came accross a posting on Facebook, saying the Benson meet was great , and that 3 new members had joined.
To the new members I say WELCOME!

And to the organisers, well done! How about a little feedback here on the forum (or for the main website), with a full report to follow in RH in due course?

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.