Bank holiday progress?

If it doesn't fit above, try here!
Gloriousnse

Bank holiday progress?

Post by Gloriousnse »

Down here in the 'Sunny' South West we had a rainy bank holiday - which I put to use building a freightcar kit and then weathering up a pair of Intermountain SD40-2W (will do some pics later if I get chance!)

Anyone else get any modelling done over the weekend?
Martyn Read
BrianMoore

Re: Bank holiday progress?

Post by BrianMoore »

Didn't get any actual modelling done, as I've got a big piece of written work to complete for Friday, but it was a pleasure to be diverted enough to win a couple of useful items on eBay: an Intermountain SP tank car for £3.20, and a Proto 1000 Thrall boxcar for £9.
Brian Moore
brianc

Post by brianc »

As mentioned in the My Layout section, the GN Spokane Division comes to life during the summer. Having moved house last year, this year gave an opportunity to get the layout up and see if it fits in the new garage, which it does!!! :D

A small stud wall had to be removed however so it was a case of destruction rather than construction but it was for the greater good.

I'll post some photos in due course.

Brian C
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Unfortunately no , nothing on the weekend, however weekdays have recently provided me with some time to finish the wiring on my module.
I am pleased to report that all initial wiring is now complete!
There might be more in the future, but this will be wiring related to lights in buildings , lamp posts etc, nothing to do with the running of trains etc.

Next job is to align the two boards again, and make a few test runs. After that, it's painting of the fascia..

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

CRYX1331 - a 20 year old Walthers kit for a Gunderson Cryogenic reefer car, picked up off Ebay. Built largely 'stock' except for wheels and couplings, with some small detail painting, and a light weathering to finish up.

CN5250 and CN5252, a pair of Intermountain SD40-2W - the Sargent Stripes unit was slightly faded, and then received fairly heavy dark weathering down the body - the WWW.CN.CA unit didn't get the fading as it is a much fresher paint job, but still has some work-staining. Both units were still running into the late 00s...

More:
http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/ModelR ... &k=HH32bjZ
Martyn Read
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

I guess it's the colour of the photo, is it white paint or is that white plastic on the reefer? Not sure I'm feeling that one, but the locos look absolutely great!
Particularly the one in the foreground looks like it has a very hard life, just as it should :-)

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

It is a painted finish, it looks a little better for a dullcote though!

(Posted from my mobile)
Martyn Read
santafe1958

Post by santafe1958 »

Being a fine weekend down in the South East, and the Good Lady also being off on the Saturday and Sunday, there was no railroad activity there,
followed on Monday by going to a Bus Rally in Winchester, saw nothing either.
However (there is always one!), as it was raining on the Friday beforehand, I did get some track laying / wiring, on the new extension.
No photos yet.

Brian
Brian K.Woolven
Chief Operating Officer,
Deadwood City Railroad.
PeterLJ

Post by PeterLJ »

Hi

Not really progress but three of us took some NMRA BR modules to the Bideford show on Sunday.

Peter L-J
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Good in its own way though. How did it go?

(Posted from my mobile)
Martyn Read
Mikehughes

Post by Mikehughes »

My 'weekend' started on Tuesday. Been working on new NMRA brochure but did manage to cut plastic are to shape for 'concrete' outside diesel house. Relaxing work.

Will take pics when Briam W joins me next week
PeterLJ

Post by PeterLJ »

Gloriousnse wrote:Good in its own way though. How did it go?
Hi martyn

Our Bideford trip went well. We took over 50' of modules, including Lloyd, Golden, Ross and Jonesville.

Peter
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

'Like' ;)
Martyn Read