Detail versus Practicality

If it doesn't fit above, try here!
torikoos

Re: Detail versus Practicality

Post by torikoos »

Hi Steve, I share your sentiments. I think the only good solution is to make these items from brass and other metals, if you want them near scale size. more rigid plastic either means it's become too thick, or it becomes very fragile / brittle. As the manufacturers have to keep in mind that all manner of people (youngsters, those with sausage fingers etc) handle these items, they used a plastic that is more flexible, but quite often shows the signs as you describe them.

I didn't know the U50 had metal handrails. Which other newer Athearn models have this? All I have so far all have plastic.

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
PeterLJ

Post by PeterLJ »

Hi

This is of course particularly relevant to those using modules who have to pack away all their stock after a meet.

All the best

Peter L-J
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Hi Steve,

That can be done on the main website, not the forum.
just log into the main website (not the forum) and view your profile (link on member menu on left)

This is where you can edit your user name and password, as well as other items, such as email address and modeling interests.
It will then also work on this forum.

Any problems, let us know.

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.