Western Union November meet 2013

Events which have past will be moved here - don't forget to post your images and video so folk can see what they missed!
torikoos

Western Union November meet 2013

Post by torikoos »

A short overview video of the enjoyable meet yesterday.
(and yes I noticed the error in the web address at the very end, I've rectified this in the video description)

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
BrianMoore

Re: Western Union November meet 2013

Post by BrianMoore »

It was a most enjoyable meet, Koos. A few, diverse, electrical/electronic niggles of the type that seem to turn up in threes and which stopped things for amounts of time, but other than that, we ran a lot of trains to the printed switch lists produced by Peter L-J, and we had a great time. Which is what it's all about.
Brian Moore
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Indeed, and I'm getting to grips with these switch lists too:-) It's indeed a lot more fun if trains have a purpose, as most of us that attend operating sessions will agree.

I think although the crossing is controlled by signals etc, I think it would be even more fun if we add track warrants for one of the branches, I quite liked that element on the old Anson layout. :-)

Koos
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
PeterLJ

Post by PeterLJ »

torikoos wrote: I think although the crossing is controlled by signals etc, I think it would be even more fun if we add track warrants for one of the branches, I quite liked that element on the old Anson layout. :-)
Hi Koos

I have written a add on to JMRI which allows me to do TWs very quickly and update the Train Sheet. It is all running on my computer and indeed was running Saturday. I did not bother, partly because the signals at the junction give me full control in practise and partly due to a percieved lack of interest from crews. The crew would simply report they had finished working at a location and the dispatcher would give them a new warrent and void the old one( I do not think we have the space for them to report "limits clear").

But yes, I would be keen to start using track warrents again. Force me to start tidying up the programme and perhaps get it addopted by the JMRI community and also get us all "up to speed again".

(We also have al the paper work for TT&TO but thats currently before our period.)

Peter L-J
Dispr
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Cheers Peter, I guess we were also running with relatively short branches, a longer one would make that more useful I guess. :-)

All good fun.

Koos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk