BrianMoore

Re: Model Railroader 75 years DVD

Post by BrianMoore »

I know that Mike Ruby has bought one.
Brian Moore
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

I've installed it on my main hard drive, takes over 23Gig. Seems to search ok and everything displays that I've come across.
I found I only used the old mags to find articles, it is far easier to search the digital version than look through real ones. Plus I only had back to the 80's and they took up a lot of room. I'm not yet convinced to go digital for new issues, perhaps if I buy an iPad?
I had a problem installing, contacted MR and they solved it, mainly caused because I use a Mac.
Mike Ruby
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

I'm not sure if you can install on two drives, there's nothing in the instructions that say you can't. One shared drive may work if the whole installation goes on it.
You can't access the PDFs directly, they are locked, you have to go via the MR program. You can save favourites and bookmark articles, so it is easy to go back later without searching again.
The pre 2004 mags are lower quality than the printed version as these have been scanned. July 2004 they must have changed to sending a file to the printers, as the quality vastly improves to as good as a printed version.
Mike Ruby