Walthers HO 54' PSC flat cars

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
BrianMoore

Walthers HO 54' PSC flat cars

Post by BrianMoore »

Yesterday, I assembled four of these cars, which was a relative doddle. They are not wholly accurate for the road names they represent, but robust and "good enough" to run at the monthly club meet. On all cars, the wooden boards have been painted from their original (and awful) grey colour, and weathered a bit, and the trucks and wheels (to be replaced with metal ones ASAP) painted. They have Kadee #58s fitted.
Firstly, here's SP 700028, one of two I did with the bulkhead ends.
SP 700028 54' bulkhead flat by bxmoore, on Flickr
Second, D&RGW 22758 in later TOFC mode:
D&RGW 22758 TOFC by bxmoore, on Flickr
Lastly, CGW 3011, also in later TOFC mode:
CGW 3011 TOFC by bxmoore, on Flickr
Last edited by BrianMoore on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Moore
torikoos

Re: Walthers HO 54' PSC flat cars

Post by torikoos »

Looks like you've been busy Brian.
They look good. I will need a couple of bulkhead flat cars myself, as the CFNR had a lot of traffic from wood merchants etc up in Willits.
I've had limited time this weekend,but enough to solder wires to a couple of SEEP's , and install them under two turnouts on the yard, that were previously operated with Mike Ruby's 'wire rod drive TM' . I could never quite get the timing right with the movement of the rail and the microswitch for the frog, resulting in the occasional short....
Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.