Recommended sound decoders for Atlas Genset

For those that like their electrickery delivered digitally...
geofftiller

Recommended sound decoders for Atlas Genset

Post by geofftiller »

HI All

Further to my earlier post I also have two Atlas Gensets, alson in IHB livery. I would also like to fit these with sound decoders and am investigating the options. I know Soundtraxx and MRC both do replaement decoders but I'm not sure if anyone else does. My very poor past experience with MRC is strongly warning my off touching their decoders again but I would like to know what other members might have fitted to the Genset modesls and espeiclaly if anyone has any expoerince with the MRC decoders on a Lenz DCC system.

Cheers
Geoff
Mike_R

Re: Recommended sound decoders for Atlas Genset

Post by Mike_R »

Once again, my Genset has a Loksound V3.5 with my own project loaded. It sort of simulates the three engines cutting in and out by revving down and up and getting louder, as the next engine cuts in.
Loksound are supposed to be bringing out a genset project sometime. A V4 can handle three separate engine sounds, so with suitable engine sounds could be made to work, something I've been planning to do for a while.
As a bit of fun I also put a police siren in the decoder, that surprises people!
Mike Ruby
tunnelmotor

Post by tunnelmotor »

Geoff,

I have a Tsunami one with speaker - there is a fitting guide on the Tsunami website somewhere. Not fitted yet. It got good reviews and is supposed to recreate the three engines in sequence sounds. MRC also have one and was first on the market but...
geofftiller

Post by geofftiller »

Hi Mike

With the past experience of MRC sound the but.... put me off straight away. Having a chat with some of the guys, including you at the Fremo extravagaza last weekend makes me happy that the Tsunami decoder would be suitable, perhaps just a little fiddly to connect the ditchlights. It looks like ESU are working on genset sounds so until that is out the Tsunami seems the best bet.

Thanks
Geoff