Re-spray & decal fun

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
BrianMoore

Re-spray & decal fun

Post by BrianMoore »

I completed three small projects in the last few days. Firstly, I finally got around to decalling and finishing my brass SP C-40-3 caboose:
C-40-3 Caboose: SP 1205 by bxmoore, on Flickr
Secondly, I resprayed this Walthers SP C-30-1, which had the post-1955 lettering and orange ends; too early for my 1954-era Coast Line layout (I only noticed that less-than-perfect "5" after I took the pic):
C-30-1 Caboose: SP 315 by bxmoore, on Flickr
Lastly, this Atlas tank car was silver, and lettered for a NY-based company, so I resprayed it, and used my partner Jane's surname to create a small California-based fuel company, Filby Oils. The company letters are from UP sheets, the silver lines and shapes from a Santa Fe switcher sheet, and the and reporting data from a tank car sheet, all Microscale:
UTLX 5645: Filby Oils by bxmoore, on Flickr
As always, thanks for looking.
Brian Moore
torikoos

Re: Re-spray & decal fun

Post by torikoos »

Great work as always Brian.

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

ednmra wrote:Nice! I wouldn't bother about the "5" - you see far worse on the real thing!

Martin B
Thank you for your support at this difficult time, Mr Boyask... I think I must have brushed it with one of my fingers after I applied the Micro Sol. but, as you say, worse things happened on the real railroad. I've a picture somewhere of a real Cab Forward fresh from the shops, in service, and lettered "Southern Pacfic".
Brian Moore
Mikehughes

Post by Mikehughes »

Excellent work Brian. What size and quality are the original photos? Have got possible use for one of a caboose if it's high enough quality.
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

mikehughes wrote:Excellent work Brian. What size and quality are the original photos? Have got possible use for one of a caboose if it's high enough quality.
Thanks, Mike.

I'll send you one of SP 1205, but not the one above of SP 315, and you can decide.
Brian Moore