The Winter 2016/2017 Challenge

This is for all registered members with access to the forum. (This is everyone who subscribes to Region Services).
Online modeling competitions and challenges will be announced here.
Forum rules
This is for all registered members with access to the forum. (This is everyone who subscribes to Region Services).
Online modeling competitions and challenges will be announced here.
Members must report and document their modeling progress here.
Winners will usually be chosen by one of the following two (or a combination of the two)
-NMRA-BR BOD members
-Via a voting Poll on this forum by the membership.

At the end of each competition, the entries will be moved to the relevant modeling section to facilitate access of the general public.
torikoos

The Winter 2016/2017 Challenge

Post by torikoos »

The NMRA BR Winter 2016/17 Modelling Challenge

I know, it's the middle of summer, and our interests are probably somewhat diverted to all things holidays, barbecues etc, but here's an early 'warning' that this Winter period, (starting December 1st 2016 ) we’ll run another modelling challenge on the NMRA-BR website in the forum section.

Previously we held a vote on what the subject of the challenge would be, this time however we’ll leave it entirely open.

So you, the participant gets to choose what you’re going to model!

What’s the purpose of the Challenge?

1- To give you the motivation to start or finish that model that’s been sitting on the shelf for far too long, or to work on a section of your layout, what ever it may be that’s just been gathering dust.

2- To show fellow members how you go about it.

Part 2 is the fun bit. Once you have decided what you want to do, you post an introductory message in the ‘modelling challenge’ section of our forum, preferably with a photo.

Uploading of photos to the forum is not possible due to storage restrictions, but embedding photo’s from sites such as Flickr (where you can sign up for free and store pictures) is possible.
Instructions on how to do so are on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=37

The idea is that you post regular updates in the form of replies to your own post , with pictures illustrating what you’ve done and a brief description.
You don’t need writing skills, just write it down how you would have told it to someone.

There is a little bit of pressure though, there is a deadline. And that is April 1st 2017.

After the deadline, all entries will be automatically entered in an online vote where fellow members can vote on their favourite project. The winner will bask in eternal glory of ‘Winner NMRABR 2017 Winter Modelling Challenge’ . Who knows, perhaps the BOD can come up with a nice sur(prize) too!

You get to finish a project, other members can learn from your modelling techniques, or simply marvel at your talent. (or in my case, my ability to ruin the simplest things with giant glue blobs!)

All members that have a membership level higher than the very basic form (and thus enjoy region services) have access to the web forum and can participate in any conversation/thread on there.

To see the challenge, you must however be logged in.
A recap of the rules is here: viewforum.php?f=59

Have a browse in the forum to see how it worked previously. And you've now got a few months to think about what you want to do, order some of those difficult to get detail parts perhaps...

I hope many of you will enter and share your knowhow!

Koos Fockens
NMRA-BR Website and Forum administrator.
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
jimbotten

Re: The Winter 2016/2017 Challenge

Post by jimbotten »

Not so much a reply as a question - should I post my proposed challenge project entry as replies under this heading, or create a new topic somewhere? I'm afraid I'm very new to all of this...

Jim Botten
deanobeano

Re: The Winter 2016/2017 Challenge

Post by deanobeano »

Hi Jim,

It should be a new topic headed " Winter 2016 Challenge - Jim Botten - name of project.

Good luck and we all look forward to your "entry".

Kind regards

Dean
Dean Halls