Are small modules allowed

This is for all registered members with access to the forum. (This is everyone who subscribes to Region Services).
Online modeling competitions and challenges will be announced here.
Forum rules
This is for all registered members with access to the forum. (This is everyone who subscribes to Region Services).
Online modeling competitions and challenges will be announced here.
Members must report and document their modeling progress here.
Winners will usually be chosen by one of the following two (or a combination of the two)
-NMRA-BR BOD members
-Via a voting Poll on this forum by the membership.

At the end of each competition, the entries will be moved to the relevant modeling section to facilitate access of the general public.
PeterLJ

Are small modules allowed

Post by PeterLJ »

Hi Koos

I am thinking of building a 6" module with signals for APB. Would that count? If so could I start now as I have the bits?

Peter
torikoos

Re: Are small modules allowed

Post by torikoos »

If there's a structure on it, then yes.

It is a build a structure challenge after all.
But if you want to place it on a module, a diorama , or anything else to show it off, that's fine. The module is not what will be judged, the structure will.
Keep in mind , structures as said, can be anything from bridges, outbuildings, large industrial complexes etc.

The only rule is that you start work on or after December 1st, but that's not stopping you from collecting research materials, tools, materials in advance.
You can however introduce your build before that date. Show us what you intend to do in 'Peter LJ's build a Structure winter 2014' thread.
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
PeterLJ

Post by PeterLJ »

torikoos wrote:If there's a structure on it, then yes.
Hi Koos

I take it the electrical box thingy does not count!

Any way hope to have it at the next meet (small hope).

Peter
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

It is a structure, but it is pushing the limits of 'structure' a little in the context of this 'Challenge'.
Do report on your module however, stick it in Modular Topics for all to see?

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.