brass pick-up strips

BrianMoore

Re: brass pick-up strips

Post by BrianMoore »

Brian Moore
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

It's the sort of part that would be SO rare to have lying around as a spare, even if you had the loco.

For example, I've got three Athearn Genesis GP9s. Don't have any spare parts for any. I'd have to go to the US manufacturer for any spares. The chance of anyone in the UK, never mind on this forum, having a spare Athearn Genesis GP9 pick-up strip would be minimal, unless they'd perhaps dropped a loco and it was being sold for spares.

Possible to cut/convert one, from something like a Kadee centering brass plate that they have inside the HO coupling? I've made pick-ups for HO wagon trucks with them.

Good luck.
Brian Moore
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

If it is the straight strip shown on the Kato parts website a strip of brass could be easily ben to the same shape. There are several suppliers of brass strip, such as Eileens https://eileensemporium.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=189, K&S at many model shops or even shim stock from engineering shops. You can probably find the right thickness and maybe width, presumably there is another in the loco that can be measured.
Mike Ruby