boxfile layouts

Tell us about your layout...

boxfile layouts

Post by 800558 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi all,
anyone tried this?
my current project is a switching layout in N scale, based on the "inglenook" style shunting puzzle. I have built it on two inverted box files.
I removed the adjoining ends, and used them to tie the two boxes together. I then cut of the lids and used them to create a backdrop.
I am currently working with the wiring of a 3-way point, using the wire in tube process.
any views?
Alex, 800558

deanobeano

Re: boxfile layouts

Post by deanobeano » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi Alex,

Whilst not having built one I would be really interested in seeing any photos you have of the build so far. I have a 3way point in the plan for one of my N scale modules but as yet haven’t laid it or decided fully how to operate it although I’m really tempted to use servos.

Kind regards

Dean
Dean Halls

tunnelmotor

Post by tunnelmotor » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Alex,

Chris White, a former NMRA member and renowned for his N scale layout Meadow Ridge and later an O scale version, has a business called Boxfile Dioramas. If you have not heard about it check out the internet and search for his layout Sandy Cove. There is some discussion of this subject on RMWeb.

Mike

Post by 800558 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:06 pm

hi guys. I have seen Chris white's stand at exhibitions, and that is one of the inspirations for my project. I am still battling with the 3-way point, although I have just about got the idea of wiring it. I was recently given a leaflet from Peco, about wiring points, which gives some useful diagrams about three-way points. I will upload some photos when I have some of the project so far.