F1 and trains

Mike_R

F1 and trains

Post by Mike_R »

From tomorrow's practice at Montreal, a formula one and railroad fan has the chance to see both. If the camera angles are right, you can see the Victoria bridge South of the circuit, usually from the back straight. During the weekend's filming I normally spot a couple of trains crossing the bridge. The bridge is almost 2 miles long and has a junction part way across and a road flyover over the junction!
Mike Ruby
Gloriousnse

Re: F1 and trains

Post by Gloriousnse »

ISTR that when they had a 'race stopped' a few years back the cameras were railfanning....

(Posted from my mobile)
Martyn Read
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

Gloriousnse wrote:ISTR that when they had a 'race stopped' a few years back the cameras were railfanning....
Was that the same one when they were bird watching as the track filled with water?
Mike Ruby
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

Only one train so far, a stack train in practise 3.
Mike Ruby
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

It's Montreal 2014 and the opportunity to see trains and Formula 1 cars is here again.
So far just one East bound train during qualifying, auto racks could be clearly seen crossing the Victoria Bridge across the St. Lawrence Seaway.
Mike Ruby
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

Only one more train seen, during the race. This time West bound, taking the north lift bridge, the south bridge was up with a ship entering the lock.
Mike Ruby
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Missed that one, must have just been in the kitchen to get a drink from fridge .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

And we are back at Montreal for 2015. A new high view down the pit lane gives a great view of the bridge, but I've not seen any trains yet (2nd practise).
Mike Ruby
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

I didn't see any trains during the race. Did you spot anything during qualifying perhaps?
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

I only missed bit of first practise and saw no trains this year, despite better views. Several ships went through the locks though.
Mike Ruby