Western Union - April 2013

Events which have past will be moved here - don't forget to post your images and video so folk can see what they missed!
BrianMoore

Western Union - April 2013

Post by BrianMoore »

Another enjoyable meet, with Mike Ruby's sterling work in adding switch motors to the diamond crossing paying off. Mike also added a mock-up of the depot for the crossing, and I did a few buildings. Scenery and ballast still to be added:
4 by bxmoore, on Flickr
Here's a snap of two SP GP9s, the leading one being Athearn Genesis, and the other, Proto 2000:
SP GP9 duo by bxmoore, on Flickr
Lastly, a BN SD9 switching the Team Track at Golden:
SD9 BN 6110 by bxmoore, on Flickr
Brian Moore
BrianMoore

Re: Western Union - April 2013

Post by BrianMoore »

Brian Moore
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Thanks for the pictures Brian. I enjoyed my (albeit brief) visit myself. I'm happy the GP38-2's I brought performed well, a few little tweaks to be done (besides converting them to Sound ) in their speed curves and of course adding Kadee couplers. The new crossing certainly brings a new and interesting dimension to the sessions.

As you mentioned, a bit of basic scenery and ballast will lift them away from being 'bare boards'. The same goes for the corner boards and perhaps even the storage yards. A couple of bags of ballast and some static grass or ground foam is all we need to do that, and will just blend it all together.

Until next time.

Cheers, Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

Hopefully signals and some scenery next month.
Mike Ruby