The NMRA National Convention Comes to the UK

For discussion of any events of interest to North American modellers - Exhibitions with lots of North American content, NMRA meets or anything else you think will be of interest. Please put the date as part of the title so the mods will know when to move it to past events.
torikoos

The NMRA National Convention Comes to the UK

Post by torikoos »

NATIONAL CONVENTION 2022 BID - IT’S BIRMINGHAM!!!!!!
Kathy Millatt and Chris Ibbotson presented the British Region bid to host the 2022 National Convention in Birmingham, in competition with the Australasian Region to host on the Gold Coast, Australia (south of Brisbane and venue for the 2018 Commonwealth Games). Kathy e-mailed the working party immediately after the decision was taken by the BOD to award it to British Region. Kathy commented: “We WON. It was close - our financials won it. Well done to Chris for an excellent job at presenting alongside. .I’ll chat to the Meetings & Trade Show team to work out what we do next and when. Have a great weekend with the news!”
Well folks, it’s actually going to happen, for the first time in 51 years the National Convention is happening this side of the pond. Congratulations to the team from us all back home.
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.

Re: The NMRA National Convention Comes to the UK

Post by 800991 »

Good morning, everybody. Hope you are all well and been good this year so there will be lots of modeling goodies under the tree this Christmas.

I've looked for organisational information on the 2022 National Convention, and can't find anything. As I mentioned to Mike up in Aberdeen, I'm willing to contribute in whatever way I can. I've been the chair of the Mid-Central Regional Convention before, and have a lot of experience with clinic scheduling and the contest room, having been both a regular judge and the chief judge in regional conventions. I've also run a large regional train show (~60,000 sf split between layouts and traders.) Whilst I'll no longer be living in the UK by the time the convention rolls around, I will be here through September of 2021, and can continue to provided organisational and logistic support from the states. I plan to come back for the convention, and can be back a week early to assist with the mad rush to the convention opening.

Looking forward to somebody from the convention committee contacting me, and helping to shape the direction of what is sure to be a very memorable event.

Kind regards,

Ray Persing
West Hampstead
prrk4uk

Post by prrk4uk »

Koos.

Are there any updates that you can post on here, please?

I would guess that as we start to get closer too, gosh what a thought, 2022 there will be a need for local NMRABR members to volunteer for jobs to support the Convention Team, so would suggest that could well be listed here also.

I am looking forward to seeing, in due course, what is going to be on offer.

All the very best.

James.
PeterLJ

Post by PeterLJ »

Hi

The 2022 Convention has been cancelled.

Peter