2017 Convention

For discussion of any events of interest to North American modellers - Exhibitions with lots of North American content, NMRA meets or anything else you think will be of interest. Please put the date as part of the title so the mods will know when to move it to past events.
longhaireddavid

2017 Convention

Post by longhaireddavid » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Are there any more details available than that on the Black Diamonds web site as the content there seems a bit sparse.
David

torikoos

Re: 2017 Convention

Post by torikoos » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm not sure David, I haven't been informed of anything yet, I'm sure they're working hard behind the scenes but haven't had an update recently.

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.

longhaireddavid

Post by longhaireddavid » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Can I ask again? I live in Ipswich and a trek to Derby, even for a single day visit, will require at least one overnight stay so, given that I use a wheelchair for these things, it is not a trivial activity. The Black Diamonds web site hasn't changed since I last asked and is showing just three layouts, eight traders and no clinics. Our local show at Needham Market was way bigger than this in the local village hall!

Is anything happening as there is just 18 days to go. They say that the accommodation is fully booked so they are updating the web site but not about the content, which is a bit strange.

torikoos

Post by torikoos » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:41 pm

I haven't received any additional information to publish thus far. May I suggest contacting them via the contact tab on the convention page of their website?

Not sure if you also subscribe to Roundhouse, I would imagine you do, but there's also information on the NMRA calendar page in the latest issue, or contact Steve Dennison.
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.

longhaireddavid

Post by longhaireddavid » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:03 am

Steve tells me "There will be some clinics but the layout and trade lists are correct at the moment."

PeterBowen

Post by PeterBowen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Clinics:

I have offered to do a clinic on weathering using Pan Pastels as a followup to my weathering clinics at the 2015 and 2016 Conventions.

Plus an easy to make backdrop for photographing your favourite models... but you have to be there to see it...!

Peter Bowen
Peter Bowen
D&RGW RR
Prototype information and historic photos