Model Railroad Academy

If it doesn't fit above, try here!
swtrains

Model Railroad Academy

Post by swtrains » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Sometime back, members were forwarded details of the above - a "free" tutorial style video service. Upon registering, a more comprehensive paid for service was offered. As an inducement, the first year's membership was at a greatly reduced sum. Cheap enough to take a chance with, so I did.

As a site, I found it quite useful - full of the sort of clear informative videos that perhaps the NMRA should be sharing, from members to members. But I digress.

My only issue with the Academy is that they put each membership on automatic renewal. The sort of thing that Insurance Companies do. Some people find it useful, I tend to steer clear. So I used the official link to contact the Academy - as per their advice - to cancel the automatic renewal feature. And nothing. Waited a few weeks, same result.

Have any other members any experience of the Academy they could share, or thoughts re the above?

swtrains

Re: Model Railroad Academy

Post by swtrains » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Strangely, just after clicking the submit button, I received confirmation of my renewal cancellation. So, problem solved - but why did it take 3 separate mailings?

My experience of the Academy is otherwise positive, so if other members add to this thread, it may assist those yet to make a decision one way or the other.