Colorado Midland

If it doesn't fit above, try here!

Colorado Midland

Post by 079720 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Is there anyone in the region, other than me, who is interested in the Colorado Midland Railway? If so I have found a source of locomotive decals for some of the CM styles of lettering. If you want to know more contact John Canfield of Virginia Beach through jcan2x@hotmail.com.

My only connection is satisfied user.

Alan Wyatt

david_heath899

Re: Colorado Midland

Post by david_heath899 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:40 am

I’ve just seen this thread on one of my occasional visits to the forum. And yes, I’m interested in the Colorado Midland. It strikes me as an exciting modelling project, particularly if you’re bold enough to model the east side of Hagerman Pass! If I ever attempt a CM-inspired layout then it will have to be a bit more modest. But I have a problem. My kit-building skills are pretty rubbish, and my scratch-building skills non-existent, so I am reliant on ready-to-run locomotives and rolling stock. Is there anything available – ideally in HO? Or (at least) anything close that could be modified?
David Heath

david_heath899

Re: Colorado Midland

Post by david_heath899 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:30 pm

There's a nice Colorado Midland layout in 'Great Model Railroads 2018', recently released by Kalmbach Publishing. Andrew Dodge's Proto:48 (O fine scale) layout models the CM Second Division ca. 1897.
David Heath