counterfeit model railroad products

If it doesn't fit above, try here!
torikoos

counterfeit model railroad products

Post by torikoos »

On behalf of rapido trains:

Please be aware that I have from good sources that a lot of the Big Dawg Originals (owned by Bruce and Jeannie Gavins from WA state) products are rip off of several manufacturers , I have no proof, but below should be a warning to all that potentially want to deal with this guy. It is un ethical, and downright wrong, so please be your own judge and use discretion, and do the right thing.

Koos

From Rapido Trains Inc.
Gentlemen,

These guys - Big Dawg - have stolen our intellectual property by modifying our F40PH-2D shell and recasting it and selling it. We've made inquiries and the legal cost of going after Big Dawg is probably ten times their annual sales, so we're going to ignore them for now.

However, if you buy these illegal goods, STOP CALLING US FOR HELP.

We will not give you paint formulas. We will not sell you chassis. We will not send you detail parts. We will not help you complete your Big Dawg model that was ripped off from the Rapido model. You know, the Rapido model that took us years of hard work to develop and cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If you decide to buy the Big Dawg shell rather than wait for the Rapido rebuilt F40PH-2D currently in development, then you are ON YOUR OWN. We will NOT HELP YOU.

Please feel free to pass this message on.

-Jason

__._,_.___
Posted by: jshron@rapidotrains.com
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
torikoos

Re: counterfeit model railroad products

Post by torikoos »

For balance of reporting, I should also add that the company in question has replied to Rapido's alligations on their facebook page:

A link is here: https://www.facebook...978438/?fref=ts
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.