Module spec release 2

Discussions on all modular specific topics...
Gloriousnse

Module spec release 2

Post by Gloriousnse »

For info/feedback, please find attached release 2 of the (HO, freemo) module spec - this is the first published update since the original release back in 2011.

Thanks to Tom Winlow and the modular working group for their efforts in getting this out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martyn Read
torikoos

Re: Module spec release 2

Post by torikoos »

Is there any news on the progress of this spec?
If approved, we'd need to make sure the public download link on the main website is replaced with this version, currently it is still the (official) 2011 version.

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Not an approved version yet. I've added a link to this thread from the website to hopefully reduce any confusion. I've not heard any negative comments about the revised version yet though...
Martyn Read
tunnelmotor

Post by tunnelmotor »

As soon as we have allowed sufficient time for members to view and comment, the BOD will ratify this draft.
Last edited by tunnelmotor on Tue May 06, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

tunnelmotor wrote:If not approved, who are you anticipating will approve it? I am not sure there is a process beyond the working group now approving any uodates to the recommended specification. I can put it to the BOD for approval if that is what we think is needed. I am inclined to place an updated version 2 on the main website as THE recommended specification.
Yes. Let's get this ratified by the BoD, ASAP. It also shows that the organisation can move and adapt quickly when it needs to.
Brian Moore
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Agreed, if there have been no negative comments. Then by all means let's get it sorted , rather than lingering around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
tunnelmotor

Post by tunnelmotor »

There have been no comments made about the latest version of the recommended specification for HO modules. I think it is safe to asxsume that members support it. The BOD, having considered the matter at their last Meeting on 26 April 2014 and approved it subject to members' comment, therefore aiuthorise its release as the next authorised version.

Mike Arnold
Vice President
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Aside from the few responses (or absence thereof) I for one did read the whole thing and there is nothing in there that I don't agree with. All looks good to me and a logical progression from where it is now.
It helps that the spec leave plenty of room for individual choices/preferences.

Koos
tunnelmotor

Post by tunnelmotor »

The new Spec has been mentioned twice in BRe-news now, May and July with no obvious reactions to it here. If no comments are posted in the next week or so i would recommend we make it the latest final version.
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

I would agree Mike.

I think what's been added/changed are all either positive developments, or non-issues for me, so I'm happy with going that way.

Koos
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

tunnelmotor wrote:The new Spec has been mentioned twice in BRe-news now, May and July with no obvious reactions to it here. If no comments are posted in the next week or so i would recommend we make it the latest final version.
Plus there are modules built to it, so a bit late to change much.
Mike Ruby
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

One quick one on module floor to rail height. (section 6.1)
While I feel it's tempting to just specify the 45", I would for now leave the mention of the existence of 40" in there, particularly to inform those new to the modular scene.
New modules to be build to the 45" specs, but be aware of older 40" heights, and to check with the organizer of a meet which height is being used. It might mean to build a second set of legs etc…

I think , especially in the Southwest, the uptake of 45" height has been near 99% , with older boards being converted etc, but I don't know about other parts of the country.
So for now, leave it in as a mention for Rev 2, and review the situation again if a Rev 3 is being considered. It might be a complete non-issue by then.

Koos
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Released - see here: http://nmrabr.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=695

Locking this discussion topic today.
Martyn Read