Thamesiders Modular Trial Run for Ally Pally

Discussions on all modular specific topics...
Gloriousnse

Re: Essex Belt Lines at Ally Pally

Post by Gloriousnse »

I've heard a few folk mention such a thing - certainly bears looking at!
Martyn Read
geofftiller

Post by geofftiller »

I can only agree with Dan, without the RS Tower layout and the modules leading the way I am not sure we would have gone quite so far. We are all very pleased with how our weekend went and the comments, both at the show and on the web since, have been very gratifying. The response to the layout is all we could have hoped for.

I'm not sure what we might do to follow up on that setup but we are enjoying the collective achievement for now. I do also like the idea of a BR wide setup, just need to build some adapters and lots (and lots) of leg extensions so that might be some way off for us yet!
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

I'm about to make a load of leg extensions to raise our storage yard 5", 36 to do it all! I plan to do it in thirds as we can use the ends with the new modules, that will give us two 16' yards or one 12' and one 24'.

My 11th Avenue module has leg extensions that are held on by a single hand wheel so easy to remove, the original feet still act as the adjustors.

When not in use they store inside the legs.

Mike Ruby
Patghnj

Post by Patghnj »

I have put a few photos up at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22259520@N ... 962916182/ .

I did hear a couple of people over the weekend commenting on the size and format of the layout.
The general public seemed impressed and the lucky few who were given a chance to "play" even more so.

Also as "layout manager" for the show for the Thamesiders I need to put out a BIG Thank You those all the NMRA members who came an helped over the weekend.

Patrick