Western Union modular update

Discussions on all modular specific topics...
BrianMoore

Western Union modular update

Post by BrianMoore »

Fort Ross by bxmoore, on Flickr

SD7 switching at Fort Ross by bxmoore, on Flickr

SP10 at Fort Ross by bxmoore, on Flickr

We had 70' of modules, joined up in a U-shape at the Hilltop meet yesterday, and by and large, it worked excellently. Thanks to dispatcher Lloyd-Jones for co-ordinating things. Computer-generated switch lists with a printer again make such a difference. Three pictures appended, taken on Rob Mallett's Fort Ross modules.
Brian Moore
torikoos

Re: Western Union modular update

Post by torikoos »

Looking great, I missed a great meet again :-)

Hope to be there in December, although we'll be going loopy that day I guess?

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
igadget

Post by igadget »

Nice photos Brian...

Impressive modelling by Rob Mallett as well - especially like the boarded-up depot, and also the tyre tracks in the second photo.
John P
warbonnetuk

Post by warbonnetuk »

Some v good looking modules there Brian

Dan
Dan Spalding

Galatia KS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Galatia- ... 5487154282
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

hi all, it appears that our modular antics are being noticed in other parts of the world. I found a referal to one of Mike's videos from our most recent operating session in January, at Big Blue - The Gauge forum. I replied to the post and have shamelessly plugged the region.
Perhaps a few potential members out there, as The gauge has some UK based members too.
Link here: http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopi ... =17&t=6482

Koos
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

torikoos wrote:hi all, it appears that our modular antics are being noticed in other parts of the world. I found a referal to one of Mike's videos from our most recent operating session in January, at Big Blue - The Gauge forum. I replied to the post and have shamelessly plugged the region.
Perhaps a few potential members out there, as The gauge has some UK based members too.
Link here: http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopi ... =17&t=6482

Koos
I posted the YouTube vid on RMWeb yesterday, Koos, and that's where the guy saw it, before posting it himself on Big Blue. I've just taken the liberty of posting four more below your own message there. You gotta do what you gotta do...
Brian Moore
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Ah ok Brian. I don't frequent RM web too often, the site seems to load very sluggish on my machines.
Thanks for posting the other links there too. As you said, gotta do what you gotta do. Did I see correctly that it was your first ever post there despite signing up a couple of years ago?

Koos
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

torikoos wrote:Ah ok Brian. I don't frequent RM web too often, the site seems to load very sluggish on my machines.
Thanks for posting the other links there too. As you said, gotta do what you gotta do. Did I see correctly that it was your first ever post there despite signing up a couple of years ago?

Koos
Indeed. Can't remember why I joined; never felt the need to post until now. Always useful to show our stuff off to a big US model railroad forum!
Brian Moore