Assistance with an Open University Project

Want to run your railway a little more like the real thing? Read on...
deanobeano

Re: Assistance with an Open University Project

Post by deanobeano »

Hi David,

Just read your post and also noted your based in Ipswich?

For my sins I'm just down the road in Felixstowe and having just retired and only now setting off on a long awaited model building career I'd certainly be interested in helping out if at all possible in your quest.

I'm contactable on deanobeano57@gmail.com if that helps.

Kind regards

Dean
Dean Halls
brianc

Post by brianc »

Hello David

We at A5 Railroaders are just starting to set up our Operations system and would be interested in using your system in "real life".

We are based in Northampton so not too far away maybe.

You can contact me direct on freyweslian@sky.com if necessary.

Brian Clark
Bedford
UK
PeterLJ

Post by PeterLJ »

Hi

I was wondering what tools you will use to model and analyse the existing system, perhaps ULM?

Peter
PeterLJ

Post by PeterLJ »

Hi

Actually I have never formally used UML, but I have been instructed in and used SSADM (Sadism!) Nor actually have I ever used Smalltalk but assume it is just another language. I think however UML was "invented" to help visualise and develop object orientated programs.

However reading your letter again you are not looking for a co conspirator but for someone who can play the part of a client. (I am not sure if the client is ment to be a real railroad employee or a model railroader). If he is a model railroader I have a little experience of model railroad operations. (Well spent last weekend helping dispatch at Southern Freemo, have my Chief Dispatcher (http://www.nmra.org/dispatcher and have experience of car forwarding using various methods).

I am also retired so have time to help out if required.

Peter