Operations - Recommended Reading

Want to run your railway a little more like the real thing? Read on...
cp_modeller

Operations - Recommended Reading

Post by cp_modeller »

If you wish to learn some more before getting into operating, then a good place to start is this website; http://railsonwheels.com/ors/opershow.shtml. I was very privileged to be given the chance to operate on this layout at this years convention in Cleveland. Also, our very own Mike Tricker has based his own operating procedure on this for his B&O Paquettin Division. Which I, amongst other NMRA members are regular operators on.

You may also see if this link works for you http://mrr.trains.com/series/mr-insider ... d-national
It's from the Model Railroader website, and part of it shows this layout in action at the convention - including a few shots of yours truly to prove I was there!
Keith Webb
BrianMoore

Re: Operations - Recommended Reading

Post by BrianMoore »

Dear L05464 (or may I call you L05 ?)

Great links and many thanks. It would be great to get some more information in respect of your experiences operating on Mike Tricker's layout.

Do I perceive, L05, that your name may be Keith, and that you are presently NMRA(BR) President? There's a link somewhere on this site that shows you how to change your "handle", should you so require.
Brian Moore
cp_modeller

Re: Operations - Recommended Reading/Paquettin Division

Post by cp_modeller »

Brian,
Thanks for pointing out my anonymity - I do not agree with being that way, and you will see have changed it pronto along with my handle.

I will be happy to put something together about operating Mike Tricker's Paquettin Division, but first I want to take a turn at Dispatcher so I can give a fuller picture. Anyone that wants to read about the layout as it was (it has changed slightly), may find more info in June 2013 Model Railroader and the August Roundhouse. You are also welcome to contact Mike if you would like more info, or the chance to operate.
Keith Webb
Gloriousnse

Re: Operations - Recommended Reading

Post by Gloriousnse »

Thanks Keith, and good to see you here. :)
Martyn Read