bent axle

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
torikoos

Re: bent axle

Post by torikoos »

Hello mr ?

Do you mind elaborating which Atlas N engine it is? a photo or more detailed description will go a long way :-)

I'm sure anything can be dismantled, often a service sheet is included in the original box, which may have an 'exploded view' included, which should go some way in figuring out how it comes apart.

Kind regards,
Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Hello DJ,

The forum doesn't allow to upload pictures as we don't have server space big enough. However you can embed pictures. For that you upload pictures to an image hosting site such as Flickr (this is often free to sign up for) and then use links to 'embed' the picture in your post.

For help on how to do that, here's a link to our tutorial page : viewtopic.php?f=36&t=37

Kind regards,

Koos
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Almost there :-) The link works.

Because it is not my account I guess I don't have the correct access priviledges.
Anyway if you use the link and go to one of the pictures and look at it full screen, in the bottom right you have the option to download the photo. Next to it you find a little arrow, this is for 'sharing'.

For you this arrow should be white, not grey. If it's grey, then it's probably your privacy/sharing settings for flickr.
In any case, clicking on the arrow should then give you a little dialog, select bbcode from the little menu and the complete text (code) should be highlighted in the center below. Copy that, and paste it in your message here on the forum, just as you've done with the link.
It should then embed your picture in the post.

In anycase thanks for the link. Can you also make a picture of the bottom of the truck? just to see if we can discover any clips (I'm not an N scale modeler myself, but there may be several here on our forum who are and know exactly what to do).

Many thanks, Koos