Rocky mountaineer

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
BrianMoore

Re: Rocky mountaineer

Post by BrianMoore »

If you put "Rocky Mountaineer" (in inverted commas) and "N Scale" (ditto) into Google and press Enter, you'll find a load of stuff. Whilst some isn't wholly recent, you'll get an idea both of what is commercially available, and what other people have done. Then repeat the process with Google Images.
Brian Moore
terrywynne

Re: Rocky mountaineer

Post by terrywynne »

David, I have modelled a Rocky Mountaineer consist (based on 1994 period) in HO scale and had an article published in Canadian Railway Modeller magazine (CRM T13 T4) in xxxx. At that time no RMR items were available so I used Rapido coaches which I resprayed and built a Ultradome car from a Walthers Superliner car. For the locos I used Atlas B23-7 chassis and mounted a RPP B30-7 suitable altered bodyshell to each.
Currently as far as I know there are no N scale RMR items available from the trade, however, I understand a guy in Oz has had some bodyshells produced by Shapeways in resin. Currently in HO scale Rapido Trains did produce some passenger cars in the 'Wave Scheme livery' as per those seen on the recent TV programme. Rapido also have produced the Ultradome cars in this same paint scheme. Whether they can be bought on eBay is probably unlikely as they were snapped up immediately when released. Athearn did make a GP40-2 in the 1996-200 colour scheme but again these are rare. I have had a eBay watch for one of these during the past 18 months without success. If you are ever in the Crewe area contact me and I can show you my train at Crewe Heritage Centre where we have our club layout.