The Great Pumpkin - aka MEC 232

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
mec_alf

The Great Pumpkin - aka MEC 232

Post by mec_alf »

With 7 Stewart U25Bs either painted and lettered or earmarked for the Maine Central I had to do one as 232, the "Great Pumpkin" for its overall Harvest Gold paint scheme.

With my supply of Harvest Gold either elderly or enamel and my not having suitable thinners to hand I opted for docrafts acrylic Pumpkin. The result of the first pass with an airbrush is at this location:

ImageMEC_232_20141111_1 by loki_the_glt, on Flickr

Another couple of passes should make it ready for its Pine Green short hood and subsequent detailing and decalling.
From Rigby Yard to the Hill - MEC and SP live on.
torikoos

Re: The Great Pumpkin - aka MEC 232

Post by torikoos »

keep us posted. :-) FYI I edited your post. For pictures to show up from Flickr the best thing to do is to copy/paste the 'bbcode' , as I've done in your post.

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
mec_alf

Re: The Great Pumpkin - aka MEC 232

Post by mec_alf »

It's had another coat of Pumpkin, which has covered up the embarrassing runs at the bottom of the shell. I'm going to check it over and either give it a coat of Klear or tidy it up properly and give it a final, light coat then spray the horizontal section of the short hood.

Once that's done it'll receive its decals then I'll sort out lighting (SMLEDs) and a decoder for its chassis.

Koos, thanks for the tip about posting shots.
From Rigby Yard to the Hill - MEC and SP live on.