ALCo RS Best HO model

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
torikoos

ALCo RS Best HO model

Post by torikoos »

Hello all,

I've seen a variety of video's and photos of ALCo RS2's RS3's etc. and I'm afraid the bug has bitten me a little, and want to do some research.
Not that I'm going to splash out cash on a model just now, I have several others to work on first, but I do like the ALCo burble and would like a model of one, which leads me to this question:

Which is currently the best model of an RS2 or RS3 locomotive.
I've read that some have too wide a hood (based on old molds etc) others have too short an overall length etc.
Which one(s) are the best to start with? (I'm not really looking for a pricey brass model)

Thanks very much.
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
BrianMoore

Re: ALCo RS Best HO model

Post by BrianMoore »

AFAIK the proprietary models all have their different pros and cons - you just have to decide which bullet you want to bite.

For more info, I'd suggest asking the same question on the FB group, as there's a few people on there who will have most of the knowledge.
Brian Moore
torikoos

Re: ALCo RS Best HO model

Post by torikoos »

good point thanks Brian, I'll try that avenue too. More know more than one :-)
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.