MoW crane

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
BrianMoore

MoW crane

Post by BrianMoore »

SPMW 6553 - 25-ton crane by bxmoore, on Flickr
Yesterday I re-located a Walthers 25-ton crane kit I purchased a few months ago, and finally got around to building it (easy), and doing a quick cab respray and decalling job. It's now SPMW 6553. This is a fictitious number, but the SP had a lot of small cranes like these, and they ambled around the system, performing various everyday maintenance tasks. The support flat car is S/H Walthers, with a scratchbuilt crane support, and the wooden piles/supports made from balsa and stained with watered-down brown ink.
SPMW 6553 - 25-ton crane by bxmoore, on Flickr
I plan to run SPMW 6553 in a small MoW train at the Western Union meet in Plymouth tomorrow.

Postscript:
SPMW 6553 set out at Fort Ross. by bxmoore, on Flickr
Thanks for looking.
Brian Moore
mec_alf

Re: MoW crane

Post by mec_alf »

That's a nice model and, as you say, a quick one to assemble. I'll have to look again at my Walthers MoW inventory and put a decent EsPee MoW set together and put a flare at the front end of it.

Sometimes I wonder why I visit forae like this one: there are too many good ideas to steal and not enough spare time to act on them :)
From Rigby Yard to the Hill - MEC and SP live on.