BN SD9

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
torikoos

Re: BN SD9

Post by torikoos »

Yes perhaps that was the case. As said in this instance I am not too worried, I'm going to attempt to 'mask' it with some weathering . I will have plenty of practice as I have at least 3 locomotives that I want to (re)paint remaining.

Looking forward to see the progress on your BN SD9, are you planning on getting it ready for the 10th at Broadclyst, or will we see the Conrail loco there ?

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

torikoos wrote:Yes perhaps that was the case. As said in this instance I am not too worried, I'm going to attempt to 'mask' it with some weathering . I will have plenty of practice as I have at least 3 locomotives that I want to (re)paint remaining.

Looking forward to see the progress on your BN SD9, are you planning on getting it ready for the 10th at Broadclyst, or will we see the Conrail loco there ?

Koos
Umm... No, it won't be at Broadclyst - too much to do on it, decal-wise, and then to put a decoder into it. Especially since I can't find the Microscale BN set that I was given - the usual "put it somewhere safe" routine. The Conrail SD9, UP SD7 and SP RS11 will be tootling along, 'tho, for some choice on the day.

Brian
Brian Moore
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Looking forward to it Brian. Should promise to be a fun day, and I'll volunteer to be a crew member on one of the trains. :-)
I should be able to be there for most of the day.

Koos
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

BN 6110 020 by bxmoore, on Flickr
Last night I found the Microscale set; it was for a BN GP35, but it does the biz. Next up, the number boards, and put back the doors and ladders (one short for the prototype, but that can be remedied later). Then, some thin clear plastic to be cut to represent the open cab windows either side.

Brian
Brian Moore
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Some pretty impressive progress, you sure it won't be done by the weekend? ;)
Martyn Read
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

That is indeed progress if I ever saw some, impressive Brian!
I wish I had 10% of your modeling time available, but I guess I need to wait until the kids leave the nest, for starters I'll have their bedrooms for hobby rooms :-) , 10 more years at least I'm guessing :-)

Koos
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

torikoos wrote:That is indeed progress if I ever saw some, impressive Brian!
I wish I had 10% of your modeling time available, but I guess I need to wait until the kids leave the nest, for starters I'll have their bedrooms for hobby rooms :-) , 10 more years at least I'm guessing :-)

Koos
It's all been done in about six or seven hours, from starting to strip the paint off to where it is now. It's just doing an hour or two each night, instead of watching the ghastly gogglebox (which I rarely if ever do, these days). No excuse, Koos!!
Brian Moore
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

I know , weak excuse , does it count that I'm abroad during the week (probably not, just get another job I guess :-) ), trying to muck about with my module, but have run out of supplies at the moment. I don't or rarely watch the telly myself (never really have either, probably due to the fact that I have not been home enough to get hooked on some series or whatever), but I tend to get 'lost' on the internet, scanning the various forums and RR sites for info, inspiration , etc etc. I need to get more disciplined and set aside the computer more often...

Again, great looking SD9! :-)

Koos
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

6110 1 by bxmoore, on Flickr
BN 3047 & 6110 1 by bxmoore, on Flickr

Managed to complete the decalling on the number boards, and it's now on the Conrail SD9 chassis (which has a Loksound decoder already attached).

So, a shiny BN long-hood-forward BN SD9 to play with at tomorrow's modular meet at Broadclyst.
Brian Moore
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Excellent - that photographer is either taking detail shots or must have a very wide angle lens though. ;)
Martyn Read
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

Gloriousnse wrote:Excellent - that photographer is either taking detail shots or must have a very wide angle lens though. ;)
Fuel tank detail - he's a confirmed SD9 man.
Brian Moore
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Excellent work Brian! Looking great, even this shiny :-)
igadget

Post by igadget »

Nicely done Brian...

If you are not careful you will start getting commissions!
John P
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Caught on it's first revenue run after it's repaint, BN6110 is shot switching Gillsburgh brewery, and later in a pan shot powering out of town... :)
Martyn Read
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

Thanking you, Mr Read.
Brian Moore