BUILD A STRUCTURE CHALLENGE WINTER 2014/2015 VOTE

Suffering from the 'Plywood Pacific' look? Share your scenery & structure questions and tips here...

Build a structure Challenge Voting poll.

Poll ended at Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Kathy Millatt - Treadwell and Ware
No votes
Peter Bowen - RGS Timber Trestle
85%
John Lewis - White metal gas station
8%
Koos Fockens - Grahams
8%

Total votes: 13

torikoos

BUILD A STRUCTURE CHALLENGE WINTER 2014/2015 VOTE

Post by torikoos »

Hello everyone:

The first NMRA-BR online modeling 'challenge' is complete. Some of us managed to complete their chosen structures, others didn't, but all seem to have enjoyed it and it did get their modeling juices flowing again, which is the main purpose of the excersise.

For those that have declared their structures 'finished', I have put them in a poll for everyone to vote on over the next 30 days!
Please have a look at the handy work and vote for your favourites. Participants are also allowed to vote, but not on your own structure of course!

I hope our Roundhouse Editor can use these as source materials for Roundhouse , to reach those that have no access to this forum for whatever reason.

The 'winner' will be announced on the 1st of April, or shortly thereafter, to prevent jokes.
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
Mikehughes

Re: BUILD A STRUCTURE CHALLENGE WINTER 2014/2015

Post by Mikehughes »

How do we post a vote?

Don't answer - I discovered you have to be logged in as a member to vote. My system used to log me automatically but I turned it off after making a posting a little time ago and forgot to reset it. D'oh
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

mikehughes wrote:How do we post a vote?

Don't answer - I discovered you have to be logged in as a member to vote. My system used to log me automatically but I turned it off after making a posting a little time ago and forgot to reset it. D'oh
Indeed, please log in to vote everyone.
Unless I overlooked it, the forum doesn't allow non members to vote or reply etc.

Minor inconvenience perhaps, but it also avoids 'spam' and other problems associated with an 'all access/ free for all' area.
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
nmrabradmin
Site Admin

Post by nmrabradmin »

Hi Koos,

Just had a quick look - is there no way to hide the results until the final day? At the moment you can see the results - also, more importantly, before I logged in I could see this whole topic and the results - is this not meant to be a member-only area, or is it set that way purposely so non-members can see it as well?
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

I haven't seen the option to hide the results, or to hide them until you cast a vote, there may be but I could have overlooked it.

I did move the whole topic to a more visible area so that members who have not logged in would spot it.
Now that the challenge is completed (with the exeption of the vote), it was always the plan to move it into the visible area. Look at it as an 'exclusive preview' for logged in members while the challenge is running, after which the whole 'thing' goes on public display.

There are some ideas to do the next one publicly and to allow commenting/encouraging along the way for the next one (there's a separate thread on that).

Koos
torikoos

Re: BUILD A STRUCTURE CHALLENGE WINTER 2014/2015 VOTE

Post by torikoos »

Dear members,

please don't forget to cast your votes (log in to the forum , then cast your vote). There is still time left.
Surely with 600 + members, there should be more than 11 votes cast by now? This is not parliament you're voting for, you can trust us, honest :-)
torikoos

Re: BUILD A STRUCTURE CHALLENGE WINTER 2014/2015 VOTE

Post by torikoos »

A few final hours until voting closes today. Cast your votes if you haven't done so yet!