L J Tower/Lipson Junction

Suffering from the 'Plywood Pacific' look? Share your scenery & structure questions and tips here...
BrianMoore

L J Tower/Lipson Junction

Post by BrianMoore »

Following Mike Ruby's excellent signal-building, track-laying, depot-building, scenic and electronic work on the club's crossover boards, I performed a much simpler task over the last few days when I added a few additional buildings and some boardwalks to the crossing on the other side of the track to Mike's uncompleted depot.
Lipson Junction: L J Tower by bxmoore, on Flickr
Lipson Junction: L J Tower by bxmoore, on Flickr
Lipson Junction diamond crossing boardwalk by bxmoore, on Flickr
Brian Moore
Gloriousnse

Re: L J Tower/Lipson Junction

Post by Gloriousnse »

Lovely work Brian

Would there be some boarding in the 4' at the speeder shed also to help them manhandle it round to the track?
Martyn Read
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

Gloriousnse wrote:Lovely work Brian

Would there be some boarding in the 4' at the speeder shed also to help them manhandle it round to the track?
Thanks, MR. I thought about that, and decided that the speeder dated the scene to a definite pre-seventies era, which is not what we want to put across with the types of trains we usually run. For 1980s-present-day running, it's been scrapped and replaced with hi-rail vehicles, with the boarding lifted (which could have happened any time on most railroads since at least the mid-sixties, I suppose).

It would be an idea to put some boards down on one of the chord tacks, perhaps, for the hi-rail to get onto the tracks.

The speeder that came with the kit is painted SP MoW orange, and may yet see service on my own modules.
Brian Moore
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Hey Brian/Mike,

that looks really good! Truth be told I thought I was going to make it on the last meet to see in person how it had progressed but then life took over as usual, and the next meet I'll be on holiday... bugger.

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.