Modeling techniques

Suffering from the 'Plywood Pacific' look? Share your scenery & structure questions and tips here...
torikoos

Modeling techniques

Post by torikoos »

hi all,

I found this forum today, and saw this article(thread) about someone's layout , using some alternative techniques to build scenery. This thread is already 47 pages long. I'd suggest to have a good browse through it and be amazed by some of the realism he's creating (see page 45 for just one such scene of a road overpass etc) He's also showing very good techniques for winter type scenes, and not your usual all white powder dust, but looking at the pictures it just seems very cold.

http://www.thewhistlepost.com/forums/ho ... rk-ii.html

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
torikoos

Re: Modeling techniques

Post by torikoos »

you are correct, the track used is the only 'let down' on the otherwise great looking and 'original' scenery, mud pit and all. I'm also impressed with the backdrops and how they blend into the scene.

Yes, I've seen that website, and fantastic modeling there too, although the 'british' outline is not my thing, simply not attracted to it, but then again, I didn't grow up here so perhaps that's what the reason behind that is :-)

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.